Old
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Well, I'm guessing the rinks don't have the money to hire a web developer. They'll either use a cheap cookie cutter web program or a friend of a friend who's "good with computers" makes them a web site.

But yeah, I struggle with most of them. One of my leagues keeps stats and is a pretty decent website, but there's no archive and a lot of the times the whole thing dies. My current league didn't update their info until the league started.

Then I e-mailed the guy because I wasn't hearing back at all, turns out the messages got lost in my spam filter because the league was spamming me with crap years ago.

Same thing trying to find a program for my kid...you'll get last year's stuff, not this year's, and then no dates or deadlines or info.
That's probably the case. I don't think these rinks make a ton of money and they cut costs in areas they don't believe to make them money. Technically, a website doesn't make a rink money so it's developed for as little as possible and never updated. It's like mixing the old with the new at hockey rinks, most of them when you walk in it's like walking into a museum or the feeling somebody stopped time at about 1989.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote