01-01-2004, 12:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
That thinking is still stupid.

If Kovalev scores a hat-trick he doesnt deserve credit cause thats his job?

If Leetch makes a nice play in the defensive zone he doesnt deserve credit cause thats his job?

Yes, i think thats pretty idiotic. Then i guess i wont be seeing you praising anyone in anymore gamethreads then, right? I mean no one deserves credit no matter what they do. Its their job.

This goes right to the top of the list.
If Kovalev scores a hattrick, that is something that is extraordinary. Now, I know that Poti making a defensive play is extraordinary but it shouldn't be. And I did say that Poti made a good read by jumping up and being there to receive the pass from Rucinsky. But to praise someone for making a routine play is ridiculous. And you seem to overlook the fact that if he had miss with that poke check (which happend more often then Poti is in the right position) the Yotes player would have had a very good scoring opportunity. How convenient.

You seem to think that Poti deserves praise when he actually does something well when it never happens enough. Why? Why should we praise Poti for doing something that he should do? To compare that play to Kovalev scoring a hat trick is a huge reach. But if you feel that Poti deserves praise everytime he makes a decent defensive play (lucky or not) go right ahead.

I'm done with this. I'll give you the final word. And I'll stop being stupid because trying to argue this with you is just that.