View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Sundinisagod
the best

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
My previous post detailed why you shouldn't believe that Randy has lost faith... Jake just isn't physically mature enough to be an every day player for a coach who values defense over offense. That's not losing faith, that's Randy sending Gards a message that he needs to be physically stronger if he wants to play every day.

Gards is a great asset. 11th overall will net us another asset that is farther away from being NHL ready and I don't see any big C's (what our farm desperatly needs) projected around that spot that are locks to be top 6 players.

When Gards no longer has issues against larger forwards in the defensive zone, he'll get his chance and he'll stick.

And Reilly definitely doesn't make him redundant. There's no rule stating that you can only have a single PMD in the system. You can never have enough high end talent and Reilly will likely go through the same growing pains Gards is currently going through. I would have no problems with Dion, Jake and Morgan on the left side with shutdown/bruisers on the right 3-4 years from now when Morgan is ready to be an every day player.side

IMHO, Gards for the 11th pick is just a trade for the sake of making a trade.
How come Gardiner was physically strong or mature enough a year ago, but now he isn't? He's 23 now I think, the physical maturity should be there by now...I think it's a mental thing with him, the tools are there he just needs his confidence back. Personally, I have an issue with all the good quality lefties we have on D, and so little on the right...that's why I'd make the trade, to get a potential top pairing rh d like Ristolainen.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote