View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The only thing that worries me is his skating. Almost all the reports I have seen has said it's maybe average. For a offensive defender I worry about that. Especially in the NHL where there are a lot of good skaters. It's easier to hide skating in juniors. That and defensive awareness which is average scares me.
These things can be improved. I think his skating is way over blown as well. He looked good out there when I watched him. Someone compared him to Shattenkirk yesterday, I didn't think that was a good comparison. He really didn't join the rush like Shattenkirk did/does and his slapper is better. He reminds me of a player like Suter, steady on the back end but racks up points with good outlet passes to hit streaking wingers(which I saw him do several times) and that huge bomb of a shot on the PP. It's incredibly accurate too. Gap control wasn't all that bad. He also is physical, which I love. Knows how to throw a clean open ice hit.

His defense wasn't horrible, but does need work. He was playing on a pretty poor team too. His skating can improve, but I don't think it is that big of a factor to hold him back from making an impact in the NHL. He is a calming force back there too. He is a team leader and captain of the team. Someone the Flyers seem to love(those characteristics). Character and physical lol. Give him a Flyers jersey now.

Get him working with a skating coach like Couts is doing and he is set.

Last edited by Prongo: 05-02-2013 at 09:07 AM.