Thread: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Off Sides

vCash: 2727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Really? So hes on the decline as your saying (and we ALL can tell he is) so he got possibly 39 points in 82 games this year, so next year with that decline we can expect 32-35 points, the year after less.

And he wants 4M-5M?

Really man?

Unless he is willing to take 2M get him the hell off this team.

With the Rangers cap construction, 2014-15 is a big year. Lundqvist, Callahan, Girardi, Del Zotto, Moore, Kreider, Brassard, Biron, Boyle, Pyatt, Asham will all need to be resigned or replaced. Add those contracts or their replacements in with what will have to be signed this summer and it's a ton of contracts.

Having Clowe taking up 4M(which is his current salary) or more in cap space at that time just seems like a bad idea to me. Lots can change between now and then, who knows what the cap will be, injuries, prospects, etc, but I think they should err on the side of caution. If they want to give Clowe a little more per year to make his contract end in two season so they can reevaluate everything then, I think that is a much better idea as long as they can still resign their RFA youth this summer.

Off Sides is offline   Reply With Quote