View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 10:14 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysvetz View Post
I keep saying this.. but hopefully it was the wake up call the team needed. I am not worried because I've seen the level of play this team is capable of and outside of last nights game, all the games vs. Boston have been closer on the scoreboard this season.

Perhaps if the Leafs can start skating with a purpose in the defensive zone to support each other to get the puck out instead of wheeling it back 5x during the same sequence we will have more success.

Seems to be a lot of Leaf players in the defensive zone have been taking a 'you deal with it' attitude during the teams latest run and that needs to change if they will be successful!
Go Leafs!
I'd like to think this was the wake-up call the team needed. But they've had a lot of those the past couple weeks. The 5-2 to Tampa, the 4-1 loss to Montreal, etc. They've been playing like this for weeks and I'm not sure what they need in order to figure out that they can't win by letting the opposition dictate the game for 90% of it.

Anyways, I'm not giving up on the team. After years of failure this is hardly the time to throw in the towel. But there was nothing to be happy about in that first game and the Leafs will need to play unbelievably better to make this a legitimate series.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote