View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 10:27 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
These things can be improved. I think his skating is way over blown as well. He looked good out there when I watched him. Someone compared him to Shattenkirk yesterday, I didn't think that was a good comparison. He really didn't join the rush like Shattenkirk did/does and his slapper is better. He reminds me of a player like Suter, steady on the back end but racks up points with good outlet passes to hit streaking wingers(which I saw him do several times) and that huge bomb of a shot on the PP. It's incredibly accurate too. Gap control wasn't all that bad. He also is physical, which I love. Knows how to throw a clean open ice hit.

His defense wasn't horrible, but does need work. He was playing on a pretty poor team too. His skating can improve, but I don't think it is that big of a factor to hold him back from making an impact in the NHL. He is a calming force back there too. He is a team leader and captain of the team. Someone the Flyers seem to love(those characteristics). Character and physical lol. Give him a Flyers jersey now.

Get him working with a skating coach like Couts is doing and he is set.
Understandable. Everyone's got question marks, just who we think can overcome them. Im only going off of what scouts say. if he can improve it he would easily he worth the pick. the ony thing is if he doesnt I dont know how effective he would be in the NHL. I do like Pulock. I'm a Risto fan so I'm obviously hoping he's around when we pic, but wouldn't mind Pulock. I'd have him before Zadarov, Morrissey, and Muller (etc etc)