Old
05-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
NEVER 4GET

vCash: 500
Francis Becomes First Hockey Player in NC Sports Hall of Fame

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CAR|home

Quote:
The National Hockey League arrived in North Carolina in 1997. Ron Francis, one of hockey’s all-time greats, followed a year later, becoming a pioneer for the sport in the state.

Now, Francis, who serves as the vice president of hockey operations for the Carolina Hurricanes, is a pioneer for the sport in the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame, as he becomes the first hockey player to be inducted.
Some of you may remember me going off on a rant around the time of the All-Star Game we hosted about there not being any hockey players in the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame, which has nearly 300 inductees ranging from noted sports such as billiards to hang gliding, team handball, and trap shooting.

It was also pointed out that no one probably actually cares or is even really aware of the Hall of Fame. I don't disagree. Still, though, it is nice that some recognition is finally being given, and I for one will be happy to see Ronny in the exhibit when I visit the history museum in downtown Raleigh.