View Single Post
05-02-2013, 10:30 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You may have to go to archives.
Isles not interested in moving upset Niederreiter
Published: January 22, 2013 8:42 PM
Rufener sent Snow the email last week, during the Islanders' six-day training camp prior to the start of the current, 48-game season, voicing his displeasure with the team's handling of his client. The next day, Snow, along with his coaches from the Islanders and in Bridgeport, sat down with Niederreiter after the scrimmage between the Islanders and the Sound Tigers and discussed why Niederreiter did not get an invite to the NHL camp.

"He's playing 20-22 minutes a night, playing in all situations," Snow said when the Isles camp opened. "It's more conducive for him to be there at this point in time."

Corey Pronman‏@coreypronman
Talked to a scout yesterday who described his AHL play as 'dynamic'. RT @SinedHockey: @coreypronman Thought on Niederreiter?
Q: What are you going to do now?
A: We’ll see. I’ll have some tough negotiations with GM Garth Snow when Nino’s contract is over in two years, anyway. I want Nino Niederreiter on a team, that believes in him and that gives him a chance. It doesn’t matter if this team is the New York Islanders or a different team.
So this whole ordeal basically came from Nino's agent who was angry he wasn't invited to training camp? I would fire him if I was Nino. I do believe Nino would have to tell him to do so though.

Alright rule out Nino as a possible trade chip for the Islander. Still think Burmistrov is worth a look from Winnipeg if they don't ask the world for him.

Last edited by Prongo: 05-02-2013 at 10:39 AM.