View Single Post
05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Jack de la Hoya
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Honestly, it's entirely conceivable that Monahan or Lindholm could be there at 11. It's way more likely than Nichushkin being there.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I'd bet one of those 2 guys is there at 11. Lindholm didn't have a great season after the World Juniors (where he was stellar) and Monahan, much like Couturier, could easily have questions about how his offensive abilities carry over to the NHL level.
Couldn't disagree more.

There are teams that simply won't consider taking Nichushkin because of his KHL commitment. For that reason, I think he's more likely to slide than Lindholm or Monahan.

I think we need to be a bit more specific about the draft-year concerns around Couturier. It wasn't about his offensive potential as much as his skating--and Monahan doesn't have those same concerns. (He's produced less offensively in juniors, but he's a very good skater).

Honestly, I can't see any of the three of them getting to 11. It would require four of Nurse, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Shinkaruk, Domi, or whatever other off-the-board pick you might project going between 5 and 10. At least three of those teams (CGY, NJD, and DAL) desperately need impact offensive players. BUF and EDM are a bit harder to predict.

This could all change if some red flag comes up at the combine, of course, but at the moment, I think its likely that the consensus BPA will be a defenseman. Of course the Flyers could have anyone on their list.

Is it really still two months to the draft? How do fan bases that never make the playoffs deal with this?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote