Old
05-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Couldn't disagree more.

There are teams that simply won't consider taking Nichushkin because of his KHL commitment. For that reason, I think he's more likely to slide than Lindholm or Monahan.

I think we need to be a bit more specific about the draft-year concerns around Couturier. It wasn't about his offensive potential as much as his skating--and Monahan doesn't have those same concerns. (He's produced less offensively in juniors, but he's a very good skater).

Honestly, I can't see any of the three of them getting to 11. It would require four of Nurse, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Shinkaruk, Domi, or whatever other off-the-board pick you might project going between 5 and 10. At least three of those teams (CGY, NJD, and DAL) desperately need impact offensive players. BUF and EDM are a bit harder to predict.

This could all change if some red flag comes up at the combine, of course, but at the moment, I think its likely that the consensus BPA will be a defenseman. Of course the Flyers could have anyone on their list.

Is it really still two months to the draft? How do fan bases that never make the playoffs deal with this?

That's what I'm sayin. I can't stand when the Flyers aren't in the playoffs.

Let's go ask the oilers fans how they cope.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote