View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I don't think we need to score in the first minute or two, but I do think we need to get the lead and play with it. Last year the Kings led pretty much the entire series. There were some minutes where things were even but the Blues were constantly playing from behind, it seemed.

The Blues had a massive edge in quality scoring chances and even though we all know they've had problems finishing, last game was still on one crazy end of a bell curve, even for them. Weirdly, the number of chances generated were at the good end of a bell curve. Keep the chances up and the finishing reverts to the mean and we'll be cooking with gas.

Prepared to see pretty much anything tonight. The crowd should be way into it again. Keep hitting them, get them down 2-0. Ya Ma Goo.
The Kings faced very little real adversity last season. Being down in a series, trailing in games, injuries or simply wear and tear....those are things that we haven't seen them have to respond to. Being down 0-2 in this series would be a new type of situation....and I like the Blues' chances if that happens.

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with LA's response in the 3rd period of game 1. I think the overtime had more to do with the Blues playing tight than the Kings imposing their will. And after the catharsis of Steen's OT goal, I think we may just see the best yet Blues effort tonight.