View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Ceremony
Woke up this morning

vCash: 55000
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Some of these do play into it quite a bit. I remember a few years ago where they had an almost miracle run lead by Statsny that almost went from dead last to knocking the Flames out of a playoff spot. I thought for sure that they are a team on the rise. But so far there has been zero to no results since then.

The wierd thing is that their entire organization has this wierd obsession (and also a good part of their fan-base) of getting as many quality centers as possible, at the detriment of basically every other position. Now they are still very strong down the middle, but have to call players like Jones a top winger. Their D is especially neglected, with the only significant thing done to bolster in the last few years being the Johnson trade, which turned out to be somewhat of a flop (at least not what they hoped). Not really sure where they go from here except a serious firesale in the off-season to rebuild from scratch.
Ok...

That "miracle run" was six seasons ago. The only person still on the team from then is Stastny. We've been through two coaches since and will have a new one for next season. So, irrelevant.

I would like to know how you would go about doing the bolded part. Roughly.

Ed - and for fun, drafts since 2007 by position

C - 14
LW - 3
RW - 2
D - 14
G - 7

So yeah, completely obsessed with drafting centres. And in any case it's not like there's ever been a centre who gets drafted and ends up playing wing.

Last edited by Ceremony: 05-02-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote