View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23 View Post
i read this board daily/religiously, and don't post here often - but i felt this was necessary to comment on...
I can't beleive the hate for Boyle on this board. I am not a Boyle fan, but he gives 100%, and was playing well prior to the injury. I think the expectations were set too high when he potted his 16. Hes not an offensive player, never will be.
Hes a perfect 4th line guy, who can do a "good" job on the 3rd line. Better than Pyatt I beleive. Boyle adds more grit, speed, forechecking than Pyatt does - at least this season (I will give Pyatt the benefit of the doubt since its a new system in a shortened season).

I think most of this board just hears one person bash a guy for a stretch of games, and everyone plays pile on.
Prior to the injury, Boyle was providing physicality, grit and energy on a team that lacked it.

The terrible thing about Boyle actually isn't even Boyle's fault... It's the fact that Torts tends to rely on Boyle in situations that he is not suited for. That's it. That's the bottom line for me when I think about Brian Boyle. Brian Boyle as a 4th line Center and second unit PK'er? Perfect! I'm FINE with that. Heck, throw him on the first PK unit...

The second that Boyle is "juggled" up to the 3rd or 2nd line or *shudders* 2nd PK unit... is when I start to hate him. LOL and like I said it's not his fault. He's just NOT GOOD offensively. Not even along the boards where his size should help him on the forecheck and working the cycle. He's just TOO SLOW, has hardly any hockey-sense, and his shot doesn't make up for it.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote