View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Is there a specific offseason window (dates) when these compliance buyouts can take place? I ask because buying Leino out may not be an option this summer if he is recovering from hip surgery. So the case for him to stay is he has to.
what I have read is that there are 2 windows....a few week period prior to UFA start date in June/July and in september after arbitration hearings.

You cant do this on an injured player....If they tried to buy him out now there will be questions on his health which is why waiting till 2014 to decide makes sense.

What i can't find---what are the rules on who can be a complaince buy out. I know they have to exceeed a certain slary to be a buy out....like $2.75M/yr.

What is unclear---if you make a trade and as part of the deal you take a high cap hit on a palyer...how long do you have to keep them before they are eligible to become a cap buy out. This is the hinge on many proposed deals such as a Luongo trade where Vancouvers trades him to team X along with a 1st + quality propect+ cash for a 4th...then team X buys him out and Vancouver then resigns him a a reasonable contract.

Last edited by Djp: 05-02-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Djp is offline   Reply With Quote