View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I doubt Florida passes on Mackinnon to draft a lesser and similar player to Huberdeau.

They're dime a dozen... It's not a knock on them, its just that the draft pool is that good. Oh and I doubt Gauthier is elite in something. He's about average in everything, he's just tall... Playing the way he does, if he was 6' He'd be ranked mid 2nd round. Consider that Mantha is older than 90% of the rest... You can see why he had good numbers.

Still at our pick, I have no problem drafting them, but I'm not going crazy with them like you do, because they're clearly not the type of players you make them out to be.
Gauthier plays a top-notch defensive game, also capable offensively. The fact that he is 6'5, hasn't filled out and at the same level as those mid-2nd picks puts him way ahead of the other players. Size like that automatically improves his potential to be an impact player. Whether you or I like it or not, size is a huge part of sport and hockey. I'm judging both of them purely based on potential, not on how complete their game is right now.

To each his own I suppose.