Thread: Illegal Curve - TSN 1290: GM Kevin Cheveldayoff end of season press conference
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
I hear you, Grind.

But if any team was to take a 'win now' approach, it would be the flyers. Going to the finals in 2010, and then not reaching the playoffs this year, seems to indicate the flyers will be making moves.

I'd expect Bryz and Briere to be buy outs. And Pronger on long-term ir, that frees up some cap space.

Would they move Schenn? Maybe not, but that would be a guy I would target, if I was Chevy. Greater chance he's available than Simmonds or Voracek- even if that chance is remote.
Flyers would still have Giroux, Couturier, Talbot, Rinaldo, Laughton - as C options, which isn't that great (after Giroux). Maybe a C (Slater, Gagnon, or Cormier) would need to go the other way, or they grab one in off-season.

Will be interesting to see moves that are made.

Fair that he's probably more available then voracek or simmonds, but i think the flyers would be more likely to move one of the younger centers you mentioned (couturier or Laughton) then Schenn. Also, that center core is hardly awe inspiring. If they do buy out brier, no chance they move Schenn, as your immediately thrusting either a very unproven young center, or a career third liner into the top 6 center role.

Just think it's likely a pipedream, especailly for a team thats historically been pretty top heavy in its top six offense (at least recently)

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote