View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Bobblehead

vCash: 500
I can't figure out the lack of respect for Gagner. Maybe cause he's been around so long and is still only 23. Thought I'd leave you with a final thought as I'm off to Mexico, when you look at REAL stats, REAL data (and don't eliminate a guys worst two years because it furthers your argument) and you extrapolate over 82 games, here some things to consider about Gagner.

He was in the league @ 18. As an 18yr old, he had more points than Henrik Sedin, Jordan Staal, and Vinnie Lecavalier did as 18yrs olds.

As a 19yr old he still had more points than Henrik and JS, but less than Vinnie L.

As a 20 year old more points than Brendan Morrow, Henrik, Derek Roy and same as JS (but less than VL).

He scored more points than Loui Eriksson did as a 21 year old. In fact at 21 and at 22 AND at 23, Sam Gagner put up more points than Luoi did at 21, 22 and 23 respectively (extrapolated over 82 games).

51 vs 26
51 vs 37
65 vs 63

I Can't compare their results at 24, 25, 26 yet as Gagner isn't there yet. Eriksson has very good results there. We'll soon see about Gagner.

His stats at 23 are better than Henrik Zetterberg @ 23, LE at 23, Brednan Morrow @ 23, James Neal @ 23, Joe Pavelski @ 23, Pavel Datsyuk at 23 and Derek Roy @ 23. I'm not suggesting he's better than any of these players, just saying you seriously underestimate his ability and his potential value. The only reason Oiler fans suggest moving him is we can't have him and RNH down the middle and there's no way we're moving RNH.

If you had said not quite a good fit, I would've understood. But you guys are right he sucks. The stats lie. Cerrvesa por favor! (I can't spell in spanish!)

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote