Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Nyquist
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 06:15 PM
RedWingsNow*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
but people are pinning our entire lineup taking off with him in it like he is the only missing piece, just don't see it. In a great world they would both be up, the Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar line is what I would like to see, they have chemistry and that would just mean benching Brunner. I just don't think Tatar is going to be the difference in this series and we have to accept who he draws into the lineup for wouldn't be who we want anyway.
For one, nobody is saying Tatar is the "only missing piece."
NOBODY.

But if you want a guy who doesn't want to pass the puck around for five minutes before shooting, Tatar is that guy.

He's got a very no-nonsense approach to offense that will suit him well in the NHL.

Also, I do don't have any interest in a Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar line. To me, that's asking for trouble.
Maybe two years from now. But not right now.
I'd run Tatar with Datsyuk, Nyquist with Zetterberg or Franzen, and Andersson -- may or not not be used, depending on what I saw out of Emmerton.

I ain't saying Tatar is Selanne.

But who is our Selanne?

In terms of goal scoring skills/hands/instinct -- I rank Tatar behind Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen. And that's it.

A guy like Tatar can make a difference.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote