View Single Post
Old
09-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The one I remember most as an absolutely couldn't miss was Corey Hirsch. Well he did. Anyway I never was a big fan of Labarbera's and I am not at least yet of Chris Holt. From last year I don't expect that he's going to make it. Now it's up to him to prove me wrong which is fine if he can do it. As for other players Jessiman might be someone who by December we can write in or write off. It's important that he produce enough where he can play on a scoring line. My fear with him is him being bypassed by any number of others. As for Pock and Girardi--I actually think that Girardi who is a few years younger might someday be a player. I'm more hopeful for him.
Think with Girardi that concerns me is that the kid seemed to play the hockey of his life last season. I could really care less if he wasn't drafted or other factors, but it does concern me that the kid was really a pretty average junior defenseman who suddenly looked really good last year.

Usually kids who are sleepers at least had something to point to at lower levels, I didn't really see that with Girardi. Maybe he becomes a surprise, but there's something about last season that concerns me and doesn't have me convinced.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote