View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
walsy37

vCash: 500
Price has really sucked the last little while. He certainly has had good streches but his bad goals, which happen often, just deflate the team. He can have an amazing first and keep the team in it - but after he gives up a bad goal or two, the team loses its intensity and the game changes. My opinion is that after he gives it up, the team loses its ability to believe they can win.
I really want him to be successful, not because I like him or because of his draft status - but because if he is successful, the team is and we enjoy it. The issue is that he has not shown that he can win when it counts in the NHL. His PO stats are average at best and since he has come to the Habs, the lone succes we had was with him on the bench. Until he proves that he can win (or even just play well) in the PO and show that he can at least step it up when it counts.

No bigger proof to above than this season, when he played well the team was cruising and everyone was happy. The last two weeks, he has been terrible and the whole team looks lost. Now the POs come and he was terrible. He needs to step it up the rest of the series and not be the cause of being bounced in the 1st round to an inferior team.