View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 10:22 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarrigan View Post
If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would LOVE some help finding some skates that finally fit my feet properly. Here's a little about me:

5'11", maybe 220. Play 3-5 times a week at C or a bit higher level. Currently wear D width CCM U+ 10.

The issues:

Forefoot is too small, if I lace the first 3 laces tight at ALL my toes bunch and cramp my foot. Midfoot I can't crank down on as my foot is too tall and it cuts off circulation. I have to crank down on the top of the skates due to my skinny ankles and I think the only thing preventing lace bite is the nice tongue. (my ankles are different sizes because of a previous hockey injury but a baking should help that)

We don't have any great stores here in Columbus Ohio so before I went out or ordered online I wanted to see what my next options should be. I was looking at the Nexus 800s, but I'm up for any suggestions.
You would best be served by taking a day trip to your nearest large store for a thorough skate fitting. You need to try on as many different pairs as possible, in different fits and widths. It will always be better to get it done right as opposed to guessing and having to deal with the hassle of returns and further guessing. Not to mention the necessary bake and sharpen procedure.

Last edited by Jarick: 05-03-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: bickering