View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinogol View Post
IF Nichushkin is there at 8, and we DON'T take him i will flip ****, if his name was Kyle Murphy and he was born in rochester, he would be up there with the top prospects in the draft, the guy will be a stud. Just because a couple money grabbing idiots bolted to the KHL doesn't mean that ALL Russian players automatically will do so.With Nichushkin I haven't read one article that talks about his work ethic (lack there of) attitude, he does have a contract for two more years in the KHL, just think about it for 2 years instead of playing against other 17-20 year olds he will be playing consistently in the 2nd best league in the world.
I actually love the kid, if darcy skips on him due to the "Russian factor" i might actually stop supporting buffalo (obviously not).
This article just reinforces my opinion http://futureconsiderations.ca/nhl-o...or-nichushkin/
There are reasons not to take him besides being Russian. It'd be pretty silly to think that's the main reason he wasn't taken if Darcy skips him, considering he just took Grigorenko.

What if Monahan is also sitting there? Perhaps you would prefer Nichushkin, but can you really argue that it'd be crazy and anti-Russian to pick Monahan instead. Lindholm? Nurse? There are plenty of possibilities -- some remote -- for arguably superior prospects being available at that spot.