View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 11:00 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I scrolled through after the fanchat. Not a lot of interesting questions imo.

Below are Staples comments, about Snow adding a winger for Tavares and a replacement for Streit.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...7071?qr=1&qr=1
1:30
Staple:
Well, I think it's looking more and more like Mark Streit won't be back. Without knowing much about Snow's plans yet, since he's focused on the current squad, I'd think Marek Zidlicky could fit a short-term plan on D. Big shot, PP experience. He's not terrific in his own zone, but he wouldn't be playing big EV minutes. I don't think there'll be many forwards the Isles will
overpay for, not with Strome/Nelson/Nino in the pipeline.

1:35
Staple:
They do need someone who can carry the puck to free up Tavares. Strome might be that guy; Nino could be too, or it could be Lee. I don't see the Isles going for broke on a FA forward this summer, but we'll have to wait and see who's out there on July 5.
The footnote on all of this is that it is Staple's opinion which is about as meaningful as any of ours in the end. It is my hope that Wang will see something good here with making the playoffs and finally get that wing Tavares needs, or the defenseman our blueline needs.

IMO, reserve judgement until we are into July a bit.

I won't provide odds, because I can see this landing either way for many reasons.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote