View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Let me know how the defense prevented Price from making 2 routine saves. They didn't, they shook their heads and gave up.

Granted, the Habs did not come out with any fire in the third initially but Ottawa scored on non-dangerous plays. Even Ottawa players were smirking at how easy it was.

Once again it's the playoffs and Price is outplayed at the other end of the rink.
Please explain to me how goal #3 should have been a routine save? I would like to know. I can see the argument on goal #2 and goal #4 (though I think this is the one that is most debatable).

Also if the team gets deflated after their opponent ties the game, then our problems go beyond Price.

As for the errors the D contributed to the goals, on the fouth goal for instance, the gap control between the Ottawa forwards and the Habs defense was putrid, not only that, Subban lost position on Latendresse which allowed Gui to cash in on the second chance. Anderson also gave out many second chances (which demonstrates he far from flawless tonight), but his teammates limited the 2nd and 3rd opportunities.

Problem, it is much easier to just say "it's Price's fault". Does Price need to be better? Yah, I think he should have had the second goal, the 4th goes either way, it was an awful rebound, but no way should the Ottawa forwards be allowed to crash the net like that.

Like I said, if the team gets deflated when their opponents tie the game, then that's what will make this a short series and not Price's play. The team in general over the last few weeks has shown mental weakness.

Doesn't matter. Loss of Eller will have a greater impact. He was so important to this team and it will show in the upcoming games.