Thread: Proposal: Oilers - Lightning
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
I think we can get a little more for Malone. I have no idea who this guy is.

And why would be buy out Brian Lee? He takes up 1 million bucks in salary, he isn't killing our cap by any means.
I assumed Lee would be bought out because he was buried in the minors for he last half of the season, and in the 22 NHL games he played this year he had zero points and was -13. No, his 1.15mil isn't killing your cap, but it isn't helping it either. Consider this - with a new contract for Aulie (I'd say minimum the same money Lee makes), your team would be at 62million still needing 2 fourth line forwards and 2 depth/extra forwards. Even if all those guys make league minimum, you'd be at 64.2 mil (100k in cap flexibility). You sure you still want your 7th Dman making 1.15mil?

As for who Marincin is, he's our #2 D prospect behind Klefbom. 6'5 195lb Slovak who was a 2nd rder in 2010. Put up good offensive numbers in Prince George and Regina in the WHL (played with Connoly). Put up good numbers in his first pro season in the AHL (7-23-30 in 69 games and +20). Would be in the conversation as your best D prospect depending on your thoughts on Koekoek (not a fan personally).

If you can get more for Malone than kudos to Stevie Y, but IMO it's a fair offer when you consider the cap situation.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote