View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
After doing a little bit more research on players in this draft, I am just beginning to understand how loaded this draft is in terms of Defenseman.

Just in the 10-20 range we could see up to 6 d men get drafted.

WHile I don't mind picking 11th, if we picked 8th I could we could have traded it to Columbus for the 14th and the kings pick.

Having 2 picks in that range could have brought us some interesting prospects. One im interested in is Shea Theodore. I think the nhl is evolving to a point where finding that number 1 every situation 30 min per game defenseman is almost impossible to find. I like what New York, PIttsburgh, and Vancouver has done. Assembled a nice collection of dmen with a variety of skills. Theodore and pulock could be the offensive dmen we don't have. Zadorov could be that great skater with upside we don't have, or Rasmus could be the NHL ready guy.

As we get closer I have a sneaking suspicion that Nurse, and Nischuskian will drop. If that is the case, we could be looking at those 2 at 11 and to be honest I don't think you could go wrong either way.