View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
If we can get a defensive prospect with a similar ceiling that's further developed, I'm all for it. Find a team that would do it and I'll be surprised. It's like when people are asking for Couturier for something like the 7th overall pick. That's the same kind of trade we'd be looking for with this 11th pick, like the 11th overall for Gormley or to compare it to Couturier again, Hamilton or Brodin. Being realistic, no way that happens...

I wouldn't want prospects for the sake of prospects, I'd want the kid who can make the biggest impact in the NHL down the line. Realistically I'd do it for Gardiner and probably Gormley, 'cause they have the pedigree to make a huge impact but I doubt the other teams would sniff at it unless they had the chance to get a really high-end forward. Most of the other mentioned defenders in this thread it's again an easy no.
Gormley was who I was thinking about when I started the thread--but I think he's value has increased too much. Since PHX is picking at 12 anyway, I doubt they'd move him for another pick, unfortunately.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote