View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Honestly this is ridiculous. Looks like MacTavish is already making old-boys club type decisions. Absolutely no accountability on this team. Smyth is delusional and thinks he can still be an offensive force, casual fans are delusional and thinks he can still be an NHL level player, management is delusional and thinks we can be a playoff team with Smyth killing the play for 15 minutes a night. This is one of those cases where chanting "retire already Smyth" at games would be appropriate.
And you might be delusional for thinking a couple of fans know better than a group of professionals that are paid to make appropriate decisions. If they keep Smyth it will be in a limited, mentoring role on the 4th line. I don't think anyone can argue his work ethic and try..It's his age, foot speed, etc, that has almost disappeared.
I was in favour of letting him go but if that's the decision MacT makes, I'm going to assume it's the correct one.

Keeping him around is probably the least of our problems and it's pretty silly to even have a thread about it..

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote