View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Sundinisagod
the best

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
Well first off it's sad that Flyers fans would want to trade the pick when we have the worst prospect pool in the league especially since Scott Laughton will soon be a full time NHLer next season ... and this team isn't one young defender away from Cup contention anyway.

^ A 12 player list of players like to go from 1st to 11th. All of whom are pretty much blue-chip prospects with potential to be stars/great players in the NHL. I'd rather keep the pick unless we're going to package it in order to get an already established star/top pairing defender - think somebody like Yandle instead of the likes of McBain, Petry, and co.

I like TJ Brodie and Luca Sbisa a lot, but not for that pick. I'd probably do it for Jake Gardiner if Pulock, Ristolainen, Zadorov and Nurse were all gone at 11. Even then, a high-end forward would have to drop - likely Shinkaruk ... and I'd again have to think about it. I really like the 11th spot for this draft for the Flyers 'cause it'll hopefully give them a defender instead of another forward.

Thanks for your response. I can see the Flyers POV, and I'd agree that they're probably are better off keeping the pick (depending on who's available at 11)...that said, we seem to agree that Gardiner for the 11th is fair to both sides...and there is the possibility that Gardiner just doesn't "fit" into Carlyle's top 6, so the trade might actually make sense for both parties. This draft seems to be loaded with Carlyle's favoured type of defender (big and physical).

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote