View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
I know a lot of people here love Georges and what he brings to the team but I personally can't stand him. I don't even find him that good defensively. I started looking at him very closely a couple of months ago, seriously looking at every shift he takes..he's not that good. People should look at him more closely and they would realize he's always falling down, I don't think a shift goes by when he's not stumbling or laying on the ice. He can't handle big players, he's not speedy, he doesn't hit much. Yes he's brave enough to block shots with his head and ankles and whatever, most of those happen because he's always out of position and he's always on the floor. Guys like him are 6th D on stanley cup winning teams. I don't think he would even crack the Kings or Blues lineup.

Offensively he's not even worth discussing. The play just dies when he has the puck in the neutral or offensive zone. Only thing he could do is rim it around the boards, pathetic. He can't even take a decent slap shot on net when he has the time. But hey we give him 4 million per.
Dirty Danglez will come here and tell you that you don't know what you're talking about though, since Gorges, according to him and some other people here, is a top-3 d-man everywhere in the league, and a top-2 in many teams

Seriously. Our blueline makeover this summer has to start by him getting traded and us acquiring a guy capable of bringing SOMETHING.

You saw the block attempt yesterday? Sure I was frustrated at Price being weak on that one. But Gorges sure didn't help him. What the hell was that attempt anyway?