View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Last nights games should once again demonstrate how much better the WC is then the East. Anybody watching LA/STL last night would have to say that those 4/5 clubs would give anybody in the East fits. LA was on their game and still lost to a very good blues team.

Not sure how many people remember me saying calm down when the Oilers were losing games to the excellent StL Blues. I said at the time Blues were a contender. They stumbled a bit after that but the Blues are back.

That said the Blues needed the W last night. LA will still be hard to push off the cliff if Quick gets his game back. LA was the better club last night and lost. At home they'll be better yet.

What we do know is that the Kings can play a whole playoffs at this pace. We don't know that about the Blues who are perhaps the more inconsistent club in big games.

Game 3 is huge.

Detroit/Anaheim was a treat as well. Again demonstrating how much stronger the west is. Detroit, in 7th place, would give most of the teams in the East a run for their money. I thought Howard had a brutal 3rd period. Lost to the commentators is he got beat for 3 goals but also gave up a couple of posts and almost allowed a goal from the goal line. Sure the Wings collapsed a bit but Howard had a bigtime meltdown. At the same time the Ducks were getting some enormous saves from Hiller. The Datsyuk chance in the 3rd and another couple saves were great.