Old
05-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Bringing this over from the arena thread discussion on downtown restaurants

Or maybe not everyone who has just dropped >$200 on a hockey game wants to go gout for a full meal afterwards. Not to mention that the on-ice product is enough to put anyone off their feed.

So it's not that DT lacks for options. It lacks for options that cater to you. Doesn't mean you are picky: there's nothing in Millwoods that appeals to me either.

lol? Place is packed every night, you need to book week's in advance for reservations. Oh and it's ceen vote done of the best restaurants in the country. LOL indeed.

The River House was, at one point, one of my favourite restaurants in the Edmonton area. Haven't been in years, though.
Again its not like I'm picky, but I like a place that can grill up a supreme cut whether it be Salmon, steak Ahi tuna, what have you. Downtown St. Albert, tbh, has more restaurants I like than I find downtown.

I don't like Brazilian Barbecue so can't stand Pampas. Ruth Chris is just an abortion to me, I guess I'm selective because I can do pretty good on a barbecue at home. So when I'm out at a reasonable establishment I have high expectations. I find they often don't deliver in downtown Edmonton and Certainly don't at the places I mention.

Anyway you say theres nothing in Millwoods that appeals to you. How about southside. Bistecca, Sicilian Pasta Kitchen, Vons, Chop, etc.

Theres many more places outside of the downtown that cater more to Edmonton tastes than in the downtown where places seem to get lost in serving only one demographic. Which I admit isn't me. But should downtown eateries be so selective in patrons?

Finally, no mystery why Corso32 is packed, its a small restaurant with very limited space and tables. KInd iof strange in anycase to consider it in the context of a place to go after/before a game when you really can't without a month in advance reservation. For most casual downtown patrons Corso really isn't an option. Thats why I laughed. Corso doesn't fit at all, as a go to pre/post destination. Its not at all an on a whim choice.

Last edited by Replacement: 05-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote