View Single Post
05-03-2013, 11:42 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Shanny can't make his decision based on optics. I haven't seen the hit in slow motion, so I've yet to make my decision. But the NHL can't just make a decision to please the Habs.
Ideally, the ruling is 100% based on the play itself.

But if there were a million people (not just Habs fans) screaming for (more) justice then I think Shanny might give an ruling for the sake of settling the emotion/tension around it and thats not a bad move to make (sometimes). To be honest...I don't even think its a bad idea to err on the side of caution on the call made during the game, either. It was a bang<>banh play...refs are thinking maybe he touched the puck...maybe he didn't...pool of blood....Habs bench going crazy...Habs fans going crazy....ya...lets call a major and get this guy out of the game so it doesn't become a total gong show...

Thats game management, IMO. Good call...even though it was technically incorrect.

However, its looking like the majority consensus is somewhat supportive of the hit being "legal" thats all moot now that its been examined in slow motion.