View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Simpleton stats and youtube videos are wonderful tools for the misinformed.

I find it painfully ironic that you'd chastise someones knowledge of Drury's time outside of NY, yet fail to dig deeper on how he accumulated all of those goals -- particularly the wonderful offensive cast around him in Buffalo and the corresponding power play.
Come on now. You criticize a poster on HF for not analyzing Drury enough. How the hell about our supposed professional management who sign Drury, Gomez and Redden to brutal contracts, three of the absolute worst in the entire league, in the matter of one year?

It's not like Drury was penciled for leading the 3rd line ever, being paid $7m a year for it. It was very clear he was supposed to be a 1/2 punch together with Gomez. Not until his wheels fell off and he was making it obvious he couldn't do much more than center the 3rd/ 4th line. But it wasn't just his scoring. He got worse at everything and real fast too. Honestly, Sather should've been fired based on these three signings alone. They were that bad.

And the worst part was, NYR didn't offer the most money for Drury, nor for Redden. I'm unsure about Gomez.

Now, back to the subject of Tortorella and Sullivan. Mark my words, this franchise will never become successful with these guys as the coaches. No way, they have lost their edge. They make such dumbfounded, incomprehensible decisions in situations they've had the time to plan ahead. Honestly, this is a worse team as a whole, than if you add each individual.