View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 10:59 AM
cpsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I guess that possibly explains why Schultz played his best game in weeks in the final game.
I'm not gonna lie. It pisses me of a bit that he looked pretty much done over the last 5 games or so, absolutely finished then all of a sudden comes to life when the bonus money was on the line, good for him to get his money and all but still..... It's all speculative and maybe i'm looking too much into it but it doesn't look good on him and it's pretty disappointing TBH.
I have no problem with Hall and Yak because they were giving their all every game but it doesn't look good on Schultz IMO. I guess considering what happened with the Anaheim situation, we shouldn't be too shocked. I sure hope i'm wrong about where his motivation lied.
its ridiculous scrutiny like this that contributes to players not wanting to come to edmonton.

yes, hockey players are overpaid.
yes, hockey players like money.

This is their job. if someone offered you more money for more work, you would do your best to get that money as well.

But I think its absolutely ridiculous to think that players stop trying then only try to make these goals for pay.

And seriously, whats wrong with this board when people are complaining about players getting excited? seriously? If you scored, you would be happy. You would be even more happy if that goal ensured you more money. So what. That doesn't meant that they don't like or want team success. People inferring that are making grossly overanalytical statements with no basis.

cpsman is offline   Reply With Quote