View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 12:26 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
No question that his concussion issues led to some sheltered minutes as he worked his way back into form. However, even when he did last season and earlier this season when he was healthy, it was McD & G who did most of the heavy lifting in terms of facing top lines and the difference was significant.

Feel free to review my prior link from this season and this one from last season, both of which fully support my stated observations.

https://e9b8db0d-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites....attredirects=0 PUC from 2011-12.

Interestingly, we agree he is not "elite" and most of it stems from his offensive game. But I think it's more than the lack of a booming shot thought I do agree some of the other aspects of his offensive game do seem to be rounding out.

Ah, but you keep coming back each time with nothing to defend your position because...well...it's indefensible. Remember, you insisted that MStaal over the last couple of years was THE guy playing the primary shutdown role regardless of his partner (well, I did have to ask you 3 times and pretty obvious now why you were reluctant to respond).

But that was flat out wrong and it's not an opinion, it's fact. Be sure to check those links. You know that ones that fully, empirically support what I've contended all along and fully refutes your position. Now before you try to debunk the data, I'd suggest you use a simple litmus test. Check out the data for guys like Chara and Weber.

Funny thing too that BBG and I both agree that Staal isn't "elite" yet here you are trying to align yourself with his POV. The other funny thing here is that my original premise was simply that Staal is not "elite" and not worth a package of Murphy + #5 + prospect to the Canes.

I stated my case - part of it fact and part of it opinion - but all you've done is try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Well, the facts tell another story but oh well. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with some more misinformation or character assassination.
Normally, Boyler is not the kind to just come flat out and say something like "you don't know what you're talking about..." Like someone like myself or Boom Boom or even Jonathan would have no problem doing. However, you're just wrong in this case.

Stop pretending to watch this team, because you don't your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the Rangers.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote