View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolnowayhaha View Post
Or is this another rebuilding year? Please god get rid of mez...lol
Yes, I think they'll be much better next year. Really, the Flyers are better than many playoff teams I've been watching this week: NYI, NYR, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto come to mind in the East. And I'm not scared of Pitt, Boston or Wash either. If healthy we are a match for any of them. Honestly, they were just starting to come around when all the D got hurt. If the D had stayed healthy, we'd be playing now.

For next year, we really need to buy Briere out and add one good big winger (Horton? Stallberg?) and acquire another mobile Dman. Looking unlikely that Zaitsev is it now, but I'm hopeful we'll find someone either as a Euro UFA or via trade.

Luke Schenn emerged as the stud many of us thought he would be. i'd like to keep Meszaros, since no one will take him anyway....Gustafsson really put himself into the mix, and Lauridsen is close. Coburn, Grossmann and Timonen make it a good group, injuries nothwithstanding.

Both Brayden Schenn and Coots really stepped it up late in the year offensively, I think that will continue. Laughton is going to be a good player to add into the roster. McGinn and Noebbels will help add size to the wings.

I always liked Bryz, so if he stays , he'll be good and Mason will push him.

There is a lot to like with this team, good young forwards, some good young D too. Can't wait for training camp.

Last edited by Larry44: 05-03-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote