View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 12:44 PM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I mean, there isn't much else Carter can do. He's creating chances for himself, and he's even set up plays for others, which isn't normal. Elliott has had an answer for everything.

As I mentioned, I think what they really need is Doughty to step up offensively. Last year he was a big part of their production and in this series he's been tame. The Blues are a mirror of LA, and against teams like that you need to generate as much offense as you can from whoever you can.
No not really...he has to FINISH (score) and I'm sure he would say the same thing. He used to say it with the Flyers..I remember in an initial playoff series (Buffalo I think) he wasn't scoring and was frustrated and said his job was to score goals and he wasn't doing it. He is the team's leading goal scorer so they need him to score. I mean I understand that the Blues are neutralizing a lot of the team but when you look at why LA is down 2 games to 0 you have to look at why. If for some reason Carter doesn't get any goals this series you can't just explain it away. That goes for Doughty like you note...