Old
05-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
No not really...he has to FINISH (score) and I'm sure he would say the same thing. He used to say it with the Flyers..I remember in an initial playoff series (Buffalo I think) he wasn't scoring and was frustrated and said his job was to score goals and he wasn't doing it. He is the team's leading goal scorer so they need him to score. I mean I understand that the Blues are neutralizing a lot of the team but when you look at why LA is down 2 games to 0 you have to look at why. If for some reason Carter doesn't get any goals this series you can't just explain it away. That goes for Doughty like you note...
How exactly do you "finish" more? Carter is doing everything he can. Elliott has made some great saves on him. He can't just shoot through the goaltender's hands. At this point all Carter can really do is hope they just start going in; he's putting in the work.

Doughty, on the other hand, hasn't looked nearly as active. I don't think he's doing as much as he can. He's not getting stonewalled, he just hasn't been as involved as he was last year.