05-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
Have any reason why Doughty wouldn't be a good captain? He logs tons of minutes, plays real solid, and looks like he's a good teammate.
He's immature.

Brown is a great captain. The guy never takes shifts off, always plays 100%. If goalies could wear the C I think Quick would be a great one, but that can't happen. Everyone needs a player like Brown, whether people like him or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo
some fellow Blues fan posted afterwards something like this: Brown would take the opportunity with a d down and go for the easy goal while laughing to the Blues bench when we skating by celebrating
Yeah, and that's BS. And it's not like Backes is an innocent boy either. I seem to remember him running over Justin Williams well after he scored an empty net goal and was a defenseless player. Part of the problem here is that people think other players on other teams are dirty when they have guys on their team who would do the same **** without question if it meant they would win. 90% of players in the NHL would. And then everyone complains about a suspension when it actually happens and the guy makes a hit that he thinks is the best thing for his team. That makes no sense to me, this is a physical league with players allowed to hit each other. That's just hockey. You won't see me complaining about that Perron hit because I don't care if Penner got elbowed. That's playoff hockey.