Thread: OT: Good Restaurant
View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 02:07 PM
the pen is mightier

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Again its not like I'm picky, but I like a place that can grill up a supreme cut whether it be Salmon, steak Ahi tuna, what have you. Downtown St. Albert, tbh, has more restaurants I like than I find downtown.

I don't like Brazilian Barbecue so can't stand Pampas. Ruth Chris is just an abortion to me, I guess I'm selective because I can do pretty good on a barbecue at home. So when I'm out at a reasonable establishment I have high expectations. I find they often don't deliver in downtown Edmonton and Certainly don't at the places I mention.

Anyway you say theres nothing in Millwoods that appeals to you. How about southside. Bistecca, Sicilian Pasta Kitchen, Vons, Chop, etc.

Theres many more places outside of the downtown that cater more to Edmonton tastes than in the downtown where places seem to get lost in serving only one demographic. Which I admit isn't me. But should downtown eateries be so selective in patrons?

Finally, no mystery why Corso32 is packed, its a small restaurant with very limited space and tables. KInd iof strange in anycase to consider it in the context of a place to go after/before a game when you really can't without a month in advance reservation. For most casual downtown patrons Corso really isn't an option. Thats why I laughed. Corso doesn't fit at all, as a go to pre/post destination. Its not at all an on a whim choice.
Agree on the Ruth's Chris, to serve american beef in Alberta doesn't make any sense.The only decent thing about the steak there was that the texture was good, but after that, it had nothing.

I may as well have too high of a standard for steak, but I was lucky enough to grow up on a farm where we couldn't afford fertilizers or pesticides, and were an accidental organic farm, but I was raised on ribeyes and no name KD. To me, Moxie's has had one of the better steaks, and 100 was decent, but still not the same as at home.

For other places, I've enjoyed Sorrentino's, Louisiana Purchase, Milestones on the southside(the west end has service issues), Guru, Dadeos, Pourhouse, and on ellerslie, there is a little place called Curry Kebab that makes a sweet Daal Makhani.

the pen is mightier is offline   Reply With Quote