Thread: OT: Good Restaurant
View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Just thought I would mention my experience at the Keg on 105th just south of Whyte.

Took my Mom and son out to dinner a few weeks back at what i thought was a decent restaurant for steaks. My son (ribs and chicken) and my Mom (New York steak) didnt seem to mind their meals. I recall them saying that "it was ok". Not exactly a ringing endorsement but not terribly damning either.
I had ordered the Prime Rib (medium) which came as rare and so I sent it back. It came back pretty beat up...I was hungry and ate it anyway. I would say that it originally arrived as a 5/10 and returned as a 4/10.The veggies on the other hand were disgusting. I couldn't figure out why they were so bland and old looking. That is until we were leaving the restaurant. Thats when I noticed their 'cooks' dumping veggies onto plates from steaming hot plastic bags. Not sure what happen to the prime rib but that visual explained why the veggies were so bad.

So apparently the Kegs idea of a good meal includes microwaved bags of veggies with their steak and prime rib dinners.
God only knows how the meat was cooked.

What a joke. I will never return to that restaurant.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote