Thread: Kovalchuk
View Single Post
Old
01-01-2004, 04:55 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
The way I see it, I think if Pittsburgh wins the 1st overall the next two years, they'll be more willing to trade Crosby than Ovechkin, as they will already have their superstar in Ovechkin up front and Fleury in the net. At that point, if there's any hope left for them to remain in Pittsburgh, they'll (IMO) be willing to let Crosby go in order to add 4-5 quality players that will make the team instantaniously competitive and bring some fans back in before it's too late for that sinking concession (even though I think it already is).
I don't agree, if you have both Ovechkin and Crosby and your considering on trading one, I think Ovechkin is the one going in a trade. There aren't too many kids out their like Crosby being called the next one, that would be too much to pass on.

Wadell almost bit on Savards trade offer for the number one pick and Dudley even stated that Montreal was offering the best pakage this summer for the 1st overall pick so obviously there are a lot of kids in our system that other teams want, so why should we trade them? Or if we were close two years in a row for the 1st overall pick maybe this is the year we get it with BG sweeting the pot a little???