View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
fauxflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
You say 9.5 months like it's not a big difference. There's a big difference between a 16 year old rookie defenseman and a 17 year old so you can't really compare Nurse's numbers when he was 16 to Zadorov's when he was 17. .
Well, I only cited it that way to show it wasn't a full year...regardless, the comparable is still relevant, as this was Zad's rookie campaign in the OHL and North American hockey for that matter.

Quote:
Not to mention, a lot of scouts think Nurse won't be a major offensive threat in the NHL. Zadorov's offensive numbers in Russia when he was 16 were even worse than when he was 17, 6 points in 41 games.
I don't think it's easy to project how Nurse's offensive game will translate. He had a huge increase in production this season and could improve upon those numbers next season...who's to say? Zadorov could follow a similar arc. Either way, I don't necessarily see either of these guys as "major offensive threats" in the NHL, but I would expect they will be able to put up some signficant production in time.

Quote:
Not saying he doesn't have any offensive skill but I see him in the NHL as a potential shut down guy that will chip in with 30-35 points a year.
A massive, mobile shut-down d man who can also put up 30-35 pts is just fine with me! I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Also, Everywhere I have read, he's listed at 6'5 not 6'7
Well, this most recent piece by Hockey's Future, quoting Zadorov's coach, has him at 6'7".

"After all, at 6’7” with a propensity for big hits and a big shot, it’s hard to miss the Russian defenseman."

“He’s an exceptional talent. His tools are amazing for a guy that’s 6’7” - Dylan Hunter Asst. Coach, London Kights.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...h-the-knights/