View Single Post
05-03-2013, 04:54 PM
vCash: 2425
Originally Posted by fauxflex View Post
Well, I only cited it that way to show it wasn't a full year...regardless, the comparable is still relevant, as this was Zad's rookie campaign in the OHL and North American hockey for that matter.
It's not a full year but it's much closer to a year than not so comparing stats for a 16 year old just because that was his rookie season doesn't really compare. Kids develop a lot in that year (or 9.5 months).

I don't think it's easy to project how Nurse's offensive game will translate. He had a huge increase in production this season and could improve upon those numbers next season...who's to say? Zadorov could follow a similar arc. Either way, I don't necessarily see either of these guys as "major offensive threats" in the NHL, but I would expect they will be able to put up some signficant production in time.
He could follow a similar arc, or he could not. With the number 11 pick, I'd rather have someone that has proven it by already following that arc, not taking a guy and hoping for upside and him turning into Grossmann.

A massive, mobile shut-down d man who can also put up 30-35 pts is just fine with me! I'd take that in a heartbeat.
You want another Coburn? Thats basically what he has been for most of his time in Philly (25-35 points). I want a Suter, Weber, PK Subban, Yandle, Byfuglien, Duncan Keith, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, OEL. I'm tired of guys that max out at 30-35 points.

Well, this most recent piece by Hockey's Future, quoting Zadorov's coach, has him at 6'7".

"After all, at 67 with a propensity for big hits and a big shot, its hard to miss the Russian defenseman."

Hes an exceptional talent. His tools are amazing for a guy thats 67 - Dylan Hunter Asst. Coach, London Kights.
He might have grown I guess but just because his coaches say it, doesnt really make it fact. Doesnt really matter though, either way, he's a big boy.