View Single Post
05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
It's not a full year but it's much closer to a year than not so comparing stats for a 16 year old just because that was his rookie season doesn't really compare. Kids develop a lot in that year (or 9.5 months).

He could follow a similar arc, or he could not. With the number 11 pick, I'd rather have someone that has proven it by already following that arc, not taking a guy and hoping for upside and him turning into Grossmann.

You want another Coburn? Thats basically what he has been for most of his time in Philly (25-35 points). I want a Suter, Weber, PK Subban, Yandle, Byfuglien, Duncan Keith, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, OEL. I'm tired of guys that max out at 30-35 points.

He might have grown I guess but just because his coaches say it, doesnt really make it fact. Doesnt really matter though, either way, he's a big boy.
Coburn only put up 30+ points once, in 2007-08. If he was doing so consistently, people wouldn't be *****ing him out so much. So, yeah, I'd take 30-35 pt/yr and true shut down defender with exceptional mobility for his size...though with his formidable shot developing, along with his other offensive skills, I think he can do more...but part of why I like Zadorov is his positive attitude and desire to get better and better. You don't see a beast quite like this one come around too often, imo.
I think guys like Pulock and Morrissey are more prototypical offensive defensemen. Pulock thinks the game well, can make good passes of all kinds, plays decent d and has a killer shot. He's right in the mix of my top preferences and I'd be excited to have him. I am just envisioning Zadorov turning into a real problem for any team that faces him.

Regarding his size, I trust the team itself and Hockey's Future more than other sites likely using dated numbers from God knows where. Either way, having just turned 18, he's probably going to add even more size.