View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Billybaroo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
They are proceeding down there, they just do things far quieter than they do in Edmonton, in a much more pro-business environment, in a city that likes it's owners a ton more(the Northlands equivalent down there gave up all revenue on that building to the flames ownership group a long time ago).

It's also part of why the province is so adamantly against any kind of participation, they know full well any money that goes into Edmonton's arena will have to be doubled up. In essence, Edmonton is fighting Calgary's arena battle for them.
Yeah & their owners have just a wee bit more integrity than Katz. Like I doubt they would agree & then reneg god knows how many times, & move the goalposts seemingly every 5 minutes.
I also doubt they make junkets to Quebec City, Hamilton & Seattle every now & then in a transparent attempt to extort concessions out of their City.
Lastly, I really doubt their greed could equal Katz's.
So at the end of the day, yeah, Im sure their arena negotiations will be just a wee bit smoother than the Oilers,. And thats even without their mayor been a seeming puppet for the ownership group.