View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 09:15 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
How would you compare him to Pulock? I know Morrissey is a much better skater. I've read mixed / contradictory reports regarding their physicality and defensive play.
Pulock is a bit better offensively, but I'd say that Morrissey has closed the gap significantly and that next season, Morrissey might move ahead of Pulock in terms of offensive ability. The only thing I'd say right now that Pulock has on Morrissey is his shot, but Morrissey has a rocket of a shot as well.

As for defensive play, honestly, Morrissey is miles ahead and it's not even close. As previously mentioned, Pulock is recent convert to defense as he only started playing the position as a 15 year old. Morrissey knows the ins and outs of the position and he makes great decisions with the puck all the time. That's one thing that really struck me after watching all the video I saw on Morrissey - he just doesn't make a bad play and that's a rarity.

Finally, even though Morrissey isn't quite as big as Pulock is, he's a very physical D that loves to hit. He's a big open ice hitter and he can also throw a very good hip check.

Yes, after watching all the video I've seen, I'm more and more convinced that Morrissey is the guy they should draft. He just seems to be the complete package and the kind of dynamic presence on the blueline the Flyers need. They've got the physicality down with Grossmann, Schenn, Lauridsen and Coburn, but they need that great puck moving defenseman that can really force the play up ice and be a true power play quarterback. Morrissey fits that bill.