View Single Post
Old
05-03-2013, 09:40 PM
foshizzle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Man, you've got a massive grudge against Katz don't you, maybe taking it a bit too personally there.

It's a tough business negotiation involving hundreds of millions of dollars, that just happens to have large media element. There is nothing unusual about the tactics Katz has been using, which have been typical in many arena negotiations over the last 30 years across North America - which includes threats, and actual relocations of major franchises in various sports.

As for the "greed" stuff, which is kind of absurd statement about a man who is very generous to various charities in the community. You don't think his "greed" might have something to do with the fact that the privately funded arenas in this country outside of Toronto have caused significant problems for the owners of those teams? Ottawa - bankrupt, Vancouver - forced to sell the team due to overextending on arena, Montreal - forced to sell majority ownership due to overspending on the Bell Center.

There are very real reasons why Katz is driving a hard line in these negotiations.
How dare you bring facts and logic into this thread?

I love it when people bring up the Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa arena deals as examples as to why Katz should pay for the arena myself without mentioning the facts you just did. I also love when people bring up the fact that before Katz moves the team he should sell it...I guess to one of the many billionaires in Edmonton? Or perhaps another EIG- who also said the team can't survive without a new arena?